Saturday, March 29, 2008

Adieu

It's time to bid adieu to all the 4 years I spent at IITM, to suffice myself with the memories I made in the time span and move on. Four years - it is such a wonder how the time flew. But I distinctly remember how there were days when I wished the 4 years just got over. People who made me wish to extend this period of life for longer and those that made me think otherwise. Work I cherished and that which I disliked thoroughly and many of shades in between. Such myriad of feelings, experiences, interactions and all have a definite place in my mind forever.

Forever is a heavy word. I cannot say I will remember every second I felt happy here, only that I will remember the most distinct events. And those I can count on my fingertips. But the heavy lessons I learnt, the stumbling blocks and the emotional turmoil I went through sometimes just never get erased. Maybe I am masochist for revisiting those times regularly and wondering what I did wrong or how those could have been handled better, but I do not seriously regret doing that.

This time has to rank prime in shaping me. What I am today, I wouldn't be same without the experiences here. I have learnt to temper mysef, behave in the required ways. There is a definite cynical edge to my outlook now - I dunno whether it is a positive or a negative turn. Many things are left to be learnt, many character flaws to be corrected. Certainly I have also added on some jagged ends, but what the heck. Most amazing of all is I can't imagine myself having been different earlier. Maybe all this was waiting to come out of me at the opportune moment. It must have been e all along. Or as some one said, we don't suddenly change, it is all latent.

No comments: