Friday, February 10, 2006

A walk to remember

The film came as a real and wonderful surprise.When i heard it was a teen movie i dint expect anything of the sort it really was.The film came in with truly profound depth, impeccable performances, solid direction and good pacing through a difficult story.I just loved Shane West and continue to do so.Mandy Moore was awesome too.The movie was such a tear jerker.Not many movies had moved me to tears as this one did.I remember crying all the times i saw the movie.

AWTR contains a heartfelt conclusion to a story where you get to care about Landon and Jamie, two polar opposite teenagers who face peer struggles and the perils of love and death. The situations that occur are very real, and very sad. Once the movie finishes, you'll be left wondering what happens to everyone.I found myself wishing I were either Landon or Jamie, because they represent the real virtues of life and love.This isn't a typical love story, because when it comes down to it, the love is only part of the whole scheme. While I never expected this to touch me so much, AWTR enters as perhaps my favorite movie of all time. I felt as if i was a part of the movie, i was able to relate to them, and i love it. AWTR succeeds in delivering a great experience.

Landon lacks faith in himself, in the wonder of life and in God. Jamie has the faith that Landon lacks.He knew her all his life but chose to ignore her in public so as to present a cool kid attitude.But once they work together on the school play he really gets to know her.And he needs her help in rehearsing his lines for the school play. Through working on the play, Landon starts to fall in love with Jamie. He is softened. He sees her faith. She develops faith in him, and he then finds faith in himself.She makes him stop and realise there is more to life than mere enjoyment.The religion elements of the story are effectively interlaced into the narrative without feeling like the viewer is being force-fed a theological viewpoint.

The music score was another great plus.The sound tracks are meaning ful soothing and romantic.Oh my!! I never thought i would write up comments on a movie, but then the movie i should agree is a forceful one.I wonder if i am carrying the experience with me.Great find for me on the whole.I feel i would have missed something if not for my friend Sowji who told me about it.Thanks dear..

No comments: